Contests Rules and Guidelines
The Great Morel is kicking off the 2017 Morel Season with a set of monthly contests. Starting in April 2017 and running during prime season we will be having three contests each month. Enter for your chance to win the coveted Great Morel Trophy. We will be highlighting each winner on the Contest and News page. The April Contest results are in and the judging will commence shortly, and the winners will be announced in the Mid-May Newsletter. For those of you who contributed – thank you!
Currently there is not a June Contest.
May’s contest is closed but below were the categories.
- Photo of the month – May’s photo subject is about the youth in our lives – images of Youthful Shoomers sharing the joy of hunting morels.
- Recipe of the Month – there are a lot of worthy recipes out there that need to be shared
- Story of the Month – share your story about how you learned to hunt as a youngster or stories of you teaching the youth today.
Rules (because every contest has rules):
- You may enter as many times as you would like for each of the three contests.
- One entry per email.
- Your email must be registered to the Newsletter. Click here to register to the Newsletter.
- Judging will be done by The Great Morel and all decisions will be considered final.
- Winner from each category will be crowned with the coveted Great Morel Trophy. This life-like 4 1/2″ morel is hand cast by The Great Morel in our secret lab. It is cast from an actual morel and worthy of any trophy case. Each winner will also be highlighted on on the web page.
The small print and legal stuff goes like this: All photos must be original – no copyrighted images/photos are permitted. All submissions become the property of The Great Morel and The Great Morel reserves the right to post any submissions and/or content on its web site.
Submit your Entries
To participate submit your entries to: in the Subject line of your email add what you are entering.
Or you can use the form below:
Stay tuned and make sure you click here to join the Newsletter to keep informed.